Happy Cinco de Mayo! If the rain would ever stop it might actually feel like Spring! Pretty flowers are in bloom, however. Hope you have time to get out and do some photography!
Last weekend I was teaching at the CanAm Photo Expo in Buffalo. While we were driving to Buffalo the Wed. before, an inspection was being done on a house we were hoping to purchase in TN. Unfortunately, there were some structural issues and we decided not to proceed.
So…we decided to make a bonsai run to TN when we left Buffalo on Sunday! We got to Charleston, WV Sunday night. Then drove to Greeneville, TN on Monday morning arriving just before noon to meet up with our realtor. Spent about 3 hours looking at 3 properties, then hit the road to start home! Stayed in VA and got home early afternoon Tuesday! LOTS of driving for sure! We thought we had a property and then found out they don’t have access to high-speed internet — which, of course, is critical for me!
Sigh…the search continues!
Since there wasn’t a blog post or Sunday Sampler last week, this week we have six textures included – various types of surfaces I’ve been photographing over the past few weeks. Enjoy!
To all those who completed my survey! The results were clear on topics that you want covered – Topaz was a resounding first, with Textures & Overlays a close second. Photoshop techniques – compositing, layers & masks and using brushes were all pretty much tied for third.
The types of photography that you want to learn more about – Flowers/Gardens and Landscape/Nature were almost tied for first; Still Lifes and Abandoned Places 2nd and 3rd respectively.
The majority chose extended videos (10-30 minutes) as the preferred format, with live webinars a close 2nd.
So…stay tuned for some upcoming tutorials! I’ve decided to add a new column to the blog – “How I Did That” (or similar name) – starting in a week or two. I’ll take an image I’ve posted on social media and give you the details of how I did it!
I am also planning some upcoming videos, so you’ve all helped with the direction that those will take.
Just 2 Weeks Away!
May 18-19 is our 3rd Creative Photography Conference! Don’t miss out! Check out all the details on our website at:
LOTS of great info for you this week. There are some Freebies and tutorials as well as some great bundle deals and new products.
1. From WebDesignDev.com – two articles. While there are tons of apps available for iPhones, it’s harder to find good editing apps for Androids. “20 Best Photography Android Apps to Create Awesome Photo Effects” gives you some good ideas. And “Create Awesome Photo Effects with these 20 Amazing Photoshop Tutorials” will get your creative juices flowing! Don’t forget to check out their “Freebies” tab as well!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
2. From PhotoshopSupply.com – a free “Photo to Line Art” conversion action.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
3. An awesome new bundle from Design Cuts – tailored to photographers! “The Totally Eclectic Photography Bundle” contains TONS of presets, overlays, textures, styles and more! A $900 value for just $29!
CLICK HERE to check out this great deal.
Expires in 8 days!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
4. And from my friends at ThinkTank/MindShift, a couple of new products.
The BackLight Elite 45L joins the BackLight line up as a larger backpack for those longer hikes into the back country.
Get deeper into the backcountry with the BackLight® Elite 45L backpack. 45 liters of available space provides ample room for both camera gear and adventure equipment, such as a length of rope, ice axe, snowboard/skis, laptop, tablet, and of course, a tripod.
Weather-resistant zippers and materials protect your gear when trekking in the elements. And like the other BackLight backpacks, rear-panel access adds security when traveling since your camera gear is protected behind your back.
- Storm proof construction with YKK® AquaGuard® zippers and waterproof/tearproof Sailcloth
- Superior Fit: Robust lumbar padding, hip-hugging waist belt, quick-dry back panel, and foam ridges for increased ventilation
- Back and top panel access to all of your camera gear, allowing you to work out of your bag without getting your harness dirty or wet
CLICK HERE to check out this bag and the full line of BackLight products.
And for a smaller bag, the Stash Master 13L. A travel cube that enables you to expand the photo gear capacity of any large backpack/roller/duffel, or increase personal gear space in the MindShift® Backlight Elite 45L for multi-day excursions.
- Padded insert allows you to use your own bag or increase personal gear space in the MindShift Backlight Elite 45L
- Water resistant fabric and DWR coating keeps your gear protected
- Sized to fit pro gear including a gripped body attached to a 70–200mm f/2.8
CLICK HERE to check out the Stash Master!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
5. And one more bundle offer! From Pixelo, “Mega Illustrator Brushes Bundle”.
NOTE: This bundle is ONLY for ILLUSTRATOR, NOT PHOTOSHOP!
But if you’re an Illustrator user, you can grab over 3200 brushes to help with your design work. Value $600 – for just $29!
CLICK HERE for this awesome bundle!